We are pleased to announce that following a compliance inspection on the 19th and 20th April 2016 LVS has been found fully compliant. The report states 'The school meets the standards in the schedule to the Education (Independent School Standards) Regulations 2014.
Across the Senior School, Junior School and Boarding highlights from the report include:
|Quality of education provided:
- At GCSE in years 2012 to 2015, performance has been above the national average for maintained schools.
- The teaching enables pupils to make good progress, encompasses effective behaviour management and is supported by suitable resources.
- Principles and values are actively promoted which facilitate the personal development of pupils as responsible, tolerant, law-abiding citizens.
- Arrangements are made to safeguard and promote the welfare of pupils by means that pay due regard to current statutory guidance; good behaviour is promoted; bullying is prevented so far as reasonably practicable;
- Boarders do not experience discrimination, and their care is sensitive to different needs.
- An appropriate induction process for pupils new to boarding is implemented.
- The proprietor ensures that the leadership and management demonstrate good skills and knowledge and fulfil their responsibilities effectively, so that all standards are consistently met and they actively promote the wellbeing of the pupils.
ISI Regulator Compliance Inspection. 19-20 April 2016
LVS Ascot is inspected by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI), the agency responsible for inspecting schools who are members of the Independent Schools Council (ISC).
Independent Schools Inspectorate - Regulatory Compliance Inspection. 19 - 20 April 2016
'This is a compliance only inspection and as such reports only on the school's compliance with the standards, including the boarding NMS. The standards represent minimum requirements and judgements are given either as met or not met.
The Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) is the body approved by the Department for Education for the purpose of inspecting schools belonging to Independent Schools Council (ISC) Associations and reporting on compliance with independent school regulations. ISI inspections are also carried out under arrangements of the ISC Associations for the maintenance and improvement of the quality of their membership.