The Infant & Junior School Diploma rewards pupils for hard work and enthusiasm.
The tasks to completion will get progressively harder the older the pupil gets. Our enrichment program will provide the opportunity for many of the tasks to be completed, but others will be specific tasks or projects to complete.
Each section of the diploma is linked to one of our LVS Values and Skills:
Curiosity, Creativity, Resilience, Risk-taking, Empathy, Reflection, Initiative, Independence, Collaboration and Self-confidence.
Children will be asked to provide evidence in a portfolio with a tick list of criteria for each section. For example, meeting the self-confidence criteria in Reception might be taking part in the KS1 nativity whereas in Years 5 and 6 it might be delivering a speech or performing in the Year 5-9 Drama performance. Whereas the independence section might involve using a knife and fork properly in Reception, taking part in a research task in Year 3 and delivering their TED independent research project presentation in Year 6.
The vision behind this is to fully embed the LVS Values and Skills into the LVS Ascot way of life and provide a range of opportunities for the children to build character qualities and develop key life skills. The diploma will be a record of their success and the considerable effort put in toward it over their time at LVS Ascot.
Examples of what we ask our pupils to take part in include:
Curiosity and Creativity
- Take part in an art competition
- Learn a new skill
- Complete a problem-solving task
- Gardening project
- Learn to sew
- Create a photography portfolio
- Perform in the choir
- Write an article to be published in the newsletter
- Film a science experiment
- Plan and create a class display board
Resilience and Risk-taking
- Learn to play a musical instrument
- Attend chosen club every week
- Complete a project of your choice
- Take part in a sponsored walk/5K run/event
- Learn map skills and complete an orienteering challenge
- Plan and cook a meal for your family
- Take up a new sport
- Deliver a short song/activity/game in another language (MFL) to KS1 children
Empathy and Reflection
- Act as a tour guide at a school open morning
- Become a playground monitor
- Support and be a buddy for a new child who has joined LVS Ascot
- Write reflections of school trips, house events, school events to be published in newsletter
- Deliver a personal reflection speech to your house in a house meeting
- Volunteer at care home/foodbank
- Fundraise for a chosen charity
- Recycling project